I love hearing this book. I want to write down everything! Oh I know, I’m either hot or I’m cold, so today I’m hot! This book rules. Dumas rocks my world. So what? So enjoy 🙂
My Favorite So Far…
▪ There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is only the comparison of one state with another. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. It is necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live…. the sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope.
▪ …. I know the world is a drawing-room from which we must retire politely and honestly; that is, with a bow, and our debts of honor paid.
▪ “What a fool I was” said he, “not to tear my heart out on the day I resolved to avenge myself!”
▪ And all this — all this, because my heart, which I thought dead, was only sleeping; because it has awakened and has begun to beat again, because I have yielded to the pain of the emotion excited in my breast by a woman’s voice.
▪ Joy to hearts which have suffered long is like the dew on the ground after a long drought; both the heart and the ground absorb that beneficent moisture falling on them, and nothing is outwardly apparent.